BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Home Rivers

11K views 31 replies 28 participants last post by  Len 
#1 ·
I thought it would be interesting to see which rivers people like to call their own.

Since the Bulkley is 3min. from the front door, I spend most of my time there.

#5 ·
Mine is the Fraser. It's not the greatest for fly fishing but I've caught chinook, pinks, cutthroat and carp so far. I still want to catch Chums, coho, sockeye, dolly's and maybe even a small sturgeon on the fly! I know I'm crazy but when you grow up beside a river that's what you dream of doing.

#8 ·
11th, don't forget the Puntledge it's a little further away from my neighborhood (a whole half hour) and in addition to the two you mentioned I'd add it to mine!
The fall fishing is a blast if you have a beafy fly rod matched with a good reel.

G
#9 ·
Even though it has pretty much turned into a gong show for much of the year, I still have had some great experiences on my home river over the years. The Vedder flows about a 2 minute drive south of where I live.

Finder:cheers:

#25 ·
the Cow

The Cowichan flows through my back yard. For some bizarre reason, my south property line is defined as the center line of the river. As a result, I have hooked a few steelhead in my back yard. I love winter steelhead and fished about 60 days on the river from Jan to March!

#26 ·
I too call the Cowichan home though there are a couple of small stream mistresses that shall remain nameless or refered to as the Naversae River...
Dblspey, how did you find the steelheading last year? I dragged my small pram in through the snow for a couple of drifts and saw very few fish. As I was working six days a week at the time, I gave the Cowie a break... I really expected with the difficulty getting in that the fishing would have been better and attributed my minimal success to few fish. The couple of anglers I spoke to were struggling to find fish as well. So, I used my sole free day to surf and checked out a couple of the little mistresses but, they seemed to comfirm a lack of fish.:cheers:

#28 ·
I think the harrison river would be mine, I grew up fishing there and still have a great time with good results every time I go. Its jam packed with cutthroat. Now I'd have to say I'm trying to establish a new home river somwhere around nanaimo, but I think I'd rather travel further around the island and do some exploring before I settle on anything just yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.