Pay it forward - Rules to participate

Thread: Pay it forward - Rules to participate

Stonefly
    Thanks

Default Pay it forward - Rules to participate

This new forum will give FFBC members the opportunity to "pay it forward" if you will. This will allow members to offer up, goods or services as their "pay it forward".

There are a few basic rules to participate in this forum:

• You must be a member with at least 20 posts to participate.
    • You must reply to the original thread in the Pay It Forward forum, PM to make pickup arrangements.
    • In order to receive a "pay it forward" you have to "pay it forward" first.
    • Your profile must contain your age, an accurate geographical location where you reside.
    We should make this a regular thing in here and help each other out by paying it forward in one way or another. Keep in mind, you do not have to offer up only material goods. We just ask that you do not offer up any bartering for wild game meats, seafood or roe.

Paying it forward is also not done on a trade item "A" for item "B" basis. It is a random act of kindness, done without the intent of getting something in return, but rather the giving of something is where the gratification lies. There is no particular order that this must go in, but the rules still apply before you accept the goods or services.

DO NOT CONFUSE THIS FORUM WITH A FREEBIE SECTION!!!!!
    Last edited by Rick Baerg; February 4th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Great idea...

2 questions ...as an active reader of the site but not often a contributor because of lack of knowledge...how do we know how many posts we have and could this prerequisite number be reduced or maybe changed to membership date? i believe what you are after here is new people to the site taking advantage of this service....

if everyone has to pay it forward before they can receive it forward then how can anyone ever receive an act? or is it just an offer to pay something forward before receipt...what if we dont have anything to offer at the moment....but in good conscience will be paying it forward asap.

Thanks for clarifying....

Mike

Inactive
    Thanks

Default offer

Exactly zugger.
    Just the offer.
    Your post count is upper right.
    This is about the offering without expecting anything back.
    If something comes along that is useful to you, all the better.

Tight lines
    Tight lines
    Phearless ( Fred )
    Nicola Valley Outdoors
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Stonefly
    Thanks

Default Chironomids

I figured it was high time this fine concept was bumped back to the present and what better way than to jump in feet first.

So seeing as I'm doing some serious downsizing on my umpteen chironomid boxes I'll offer a box of 100 chironomids. Keep in mind that most of these are size 12 and larger thanks in part to residing at Tunkwa for so long.

Chironomid
    Thanks

John

Can the pay it forward be a service in kind(ie am a Plumber and was considering offering a period of my time ) replacement of new low flush toilet(s) , installation of dishwasher,helping with someone's reno project,kitchen,bathroom et al. And by the way how are things,getting ready myself to head back to north of yellowkinfe as this is where I am working this year(mining camps) as work in new construction in the south is very slow !!!
    Will be heading out to Morgan Lake this am,plan on giving the water quite a flogging,also hope to hook into a few......

Will update later

Cheers
    Chris Pyett

Stonefly
    Thanks

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by troutbum Click here to enlarge
    John

Can the pay it forward be a service in kind(ie am a Plumber and was considering offering a period of my time ) replacement of new low flush toilet(s) , installation of dishwasher,helping with someone's reno project,kitchen,bathroom et al. And by the way how are things,getting ready myself to head back to north of yellowkinfe as this is where I am working this year(mining camps) as work in new construction in the south is very slow !!!
    Will be heading out to Morgan Lake this am,plan on giving the water quite a flogging,also hope to hook into a few......

Will update later

Cheers
    Chris Pyett
    Hey Chris,

I see no problem with such an awesome "pay it forward" and I'm doing good. Trying to get all my fly orders done in time to tie for myself and get ready for my three weeks in the Interior in late May. Have fun in the Yukon!

9. Remove Advertisements
    FlyFishBC.com
    Advertisements

Thread Information