BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

any one in the PG area?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  btree 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there are any fellow spey casters in the Prince George area intersted in a travel partner for day/weekend trips out west for steelies. I have 4x4 and travel trailer if req'd.
Let me know if interested.
Brian M.

#2 ·
Hey Brian

I will be up there for 9 days in late April house hunting and looking for spring steel.

Will be up there for good in August some time. I would be up for doing some car pools out to my new home rivers a few hours west of Prince.

Just learning the spey but I am planning on being ready to go for my arrival :yeah:

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Like I said before,

I'll be driving from FSJ to Terrace March 28th and poking around the Kalum/Copper rivers looking for steelhead till around April 2nd.

So I should be through PG around noon on the 28th if that works for you.

I also have a 4x4, but no trailer or boat. Managed to find a few quite good maps of the area as well and have been emailing with Noel Gyger (A retired guide who started the Nicholas Dean Lodge). Lots of great water that one could get to with a short walk.

PM me if you want, I can email you the maps and fisheries surveys/reports. Quite interesting reading.

I'd appreciate having a fishing partner on this one since I expect the water will not be nearly as busy as it was in the summer. It would suck to hike into a sweet pool and break an ankle or have something bear related happen all alone, plus it's good to have a witness to the fish I plan on catching! It makes for better pictures.

Any way, let me know if you are still interested in going then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.