BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 23 Results
  1. Saltwater Fishing
    Hello all, I am new to the site but am an avid flyfisher originally from Ontario and now living in Montana. I am planning a trip to Vancouver Island around the July 4th week and am looking for advice on catching some coho in the salt. I plan on bringing my raft to float the rivers as well but...
  2. Buy, Sell or Trade - Classifieds
    13'2 foot spey rod. 2 years old, excellent condition used twice a year. Comes with sock and rod tube. This is a great rod for beginners and intermediates alike. Fast action and is very powerful. Tremendous amount of oomph in the butt section for long casts or turning big fish. it also has that...
  3. Buy, Sell or Trade - Classifieds
    13'2 foot spey rod. 2 years old, excellent condition used twice a year. Comes with sock and rod tube. This is a great rod for beginners and intermediates alike. Fast action and is very powerful. Tremendous amount of oomph in the butt section for long casts or turning big fish. it also has that...
  4. Buy, Sell or Trade - Classifieds
    SOLD SOLD SOLDBox and neoprene case included.Used for 2 weeks last year on the Bulkley/Skeena. Like new condition!! Only selling because I was given an Islander IC 10 a gift. Great click pawl spey reel for steelies. Comes with 525 grain Skadgit head with airflow running line and 200 plus yards...
  5. Saltwater Fishing
    Lots of chum hangin around now with the coho and while there still bright and active, its been fun getting a few on the fly. Great for the smoker aswell (if there not to dark) Ive alwase used the usual green/white clouser, green neils and chartreuse wooly's seem to work well for me. What are...
  6. Fly Fishing
    Hello All, My wife and I just drive through Valemount and saw all of the Salmon signs by all of the creeks. It got me wondering if this was the closest Salmon ran to Grande Prairie. Does anyone know either the closest spot to GP one can fish for them or where I can find that info! Sorry for...
  7. Saltwater Fishing
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flyfisher3000?feature=mhsn
  8. Spey Casting
    Pacific Angler is pleased to announce a 2-day, on the water, Spey casting workshop with world-renowned instructor Chris Sepio. The 2-day workshop is intended for intermediate and advanced Spey casters. Chris will cover all major Spey casts with a focus on advanced techniques that will get you...
  9. Member Introductions
    I've been fly fishing for about a year now and thought it would be a good idea to get an account so i can get some much needed info. I've just started tying flies (woolly buggers, mickey finn's, the basics) and need som info. actually any info would be good, i wanna get off to a good start. I...
  10. Fly Fishing
    Hello everyone, I have been a fly fisher for most of my life. I grew up in the Kootenays and have fished for trout exclusively with exceptions of land lock Kokanee and Dollys. I have lived on the coast for the last five years and am starting to get an itch to catch some salmon. I don't think I...
  11. Fly Tying
    I've got my trip coming up with My dad, Uncle, Cousin and I coming to fly fish the campbell so i've been tying like crazy. 120 flies in 3 days. Lots of small chartreuse intruders, pink intruders (size 8) with stinger hook, eggs, tylers terrors in blue, chartreuse, and pink, egg sucking leaches...
  12. Saltwater Fishing
    Pink Salmon have been off Nile Creek since the 6th of July and are now arriving in very good numbers...the tides this week have been Ideal for those willing to venture out at 5am til about 8:30am..the low tide has produced some excellent conditions for fly casters..the down side is trying to get...
  13. Fly Fishing
    Are there any pinks that run up the salmon or nimpkish? I've heard of an early coho run that goes up the white river. Or even if the adam and eve rivers have good runs? Sorry for so many questions! BH
  14. Fly Tying
    Hey everyone, My trip up north island to hit the salmon on the beaches is fast approaching, and I was wondering if anyone here had any secret patterns for pinks and cohos on the beaches that they use or have heard good things about. I already have the basics (coho killer, a few generic...
  15. Fly Fishing
    Hi, i was wondering if i am doin good with a 7/8 rod, a matching reel and a fast sinking tip line for kind of a allround salmon fishing setup!? any other recommends from your side? i ll buy a 9 for king i heared that ill gonna need that...;)
  16. Saltwater Fishing
    Hey everyone, This summer I'll be heading up north island to the prot mcneil region in search of some tidal pinks and coho, but have never done any fly fishing in the salt so am a little bit of a noob in that essence. My question is what should i be buying as far as a rod reel and line goes, as...
  17. Fly Fishing
    Im looking forward to the fall this year for salmon and i was just wondering what would be a good set-up, i already got an 8wt rod and reel, but what lines/sink tips should go with it ive been looking at rio lines and ive had some kind of an idea of what to get but still im kinda stumped, also...
  18. Fly Fishing
    I was fishing for Steelhead on Feb 14 and Caught an Atlantic Salmon in the mid upper section of the river. At the time it did not register that it could be an atlantic and thought it was a big dolly and I ignorantly put it back in the water. When I looked at the pic again it registered that it...
  19. Fly Fishing
    Hi All, I was at White Lake (by Salmon Arm) camping at the provincial park from Thursday to Friday May 6-7 and I believe i left behind my SAGE Launch 5wt. rod and Okuma Magnitude reel with olive green floating line on it. I was at the camping spot on the right just before you head down the hill...
  20. Saltwater Fishing
    First off, I know nothing about salmon. I was fishing one of the beaches in west Vancouver today and saw a couple of (what I think were) salmon that jumped clear out of the water at least a couple of feet. Does anybody have any idea what these would be this time of year? They were probably 18...
1-20 of 23 Results