BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 18 Results
  1. Spey Casting
    Hello Everyone; First post on this forum so please excuse me if this post should have been posted in another section. I am currently looking for new fly fishing friends as I just arrived to Vancouver! I have below a short description about myself, for those interested feel free to have a...
  2. Fly Fishing
    http://rivermadness.net/2016/02/01/first-looks-the-bulkley-river-valley/
  3. Fly Fishing
    Greetings all! Like many of you, I relish getting away from the city and finding that awesome new spot that few fish. Last year I took a trip to the most northern section of Vancouver Island to fish in the St. Joeseph River. Unfortunately things didn't work out, and I ended up having one hell...
  4. Buy, Sell or Trade - Classifieds
    This is a barely used large spey reel in classic click and pawl style. Have had the stronger after market spring put in at Islander by their machinist to give it a bit more backbone for large steel or Chinook. The only blemish is a slight reel rash on the bottom of the reel about the size of 1/2...
  5. Buy, Sell or Trade - Classifieds
    13'2 foot spey rod. 2 years old, excellent condition used twice a year. Comes with sock and rod tube. This is a great rod for beginners and intermediates alike. Fast action and is very powerful. Tremendous amount of oomph in the butt section for long casts or turning big fish. it also has that...
  6. Fly Tying
    I could not find a pattern that had the qualities I wanted so I came up with this. It is also my first attempt at tying a streamer and what a success it was! I had at least a dozen anglers ahead of me on the Bulkley River; all of whom where catching nothing. I put on my new creation and was...
  7. Fly Fishing
    I've been fishing my little stretch of the Bulkley a lot lately, mainly alone, mainly flies, mainly skunked. I'd like to swing a few with a companion for a change. If you live around, or are coming up for a visit, and want some company, let me know. Not prejudiced; I swing flies and fling lures...
  8. Buy, Sell or Trade - Classifieds
    SOLD SOLD SOLDBox and neoprene case included.Used for 2 weeks last year on the Bulkley/Skeena. Like new condition!! Only selling because I was given an Islander IC 10 a gift. Great click pawl spey reel for steelies. Comes with 525 grain Skadgit head with airflow running line and 200 plus yards...
  9. Spey Casting
    So I've been transferred to Kitimat for a couple of months. The fishing was great but lately the wind is just killing me. I'm using the airflo compact on my 7-8 wt and on my 10 wt. I was using SA but found the compact cast better and the SA got water logged after a few hours. It takes very...
  10. Spey Casting
    Pacific Angler is pleased to announce a 2-day, on the water, Spey casting workshop with world-renowned instructor Chris Sepio. The 2-day workshop is intended for intermediate and advanced Spey casters. Chris will cover all major Spey casts with a focus on advanced techniques that will get you...
  11. Fly Fishing
    I am new to BC and have a slightly different spin on what must be a typical question. I have read about BC Steelhead for 30 yrs, and would like to fish the spring runs in April. I am also a conservation biologist, concerned that many runs really can't handle the fishing pressure they receive...
  12. Fly Swaps
    Hey guys, is anyone interested in a winter steelhead fly swap? I would like to host one for 12 tiers, so myself and 11 more. The dead line to sign up would be november 1st and the flies would need to be in by december 15th. So that should give everyone plenty of time. Just let me know in this...
  13. Fly Swaps
    To my surprise after having all the votes tallied and having the winning fly declared"the Lady Peacock"..I found out it was tied by mr.BTREE...congrats.... Lets do this again
  14. Fly Swaps
    Love these fly swaps we do and was thinking about raising the bar>>I know it is at times dangerous to think too much but here goes! A Summer Run Steelhead Fly contest; and this is going to put your tying skills to the test. All flies presented will be put into a special Fly Box and displayed in...
  15. Advertiser Specials
    Michael & Young is excited to host Spey Day 2010...FREE The event will be held at Peg Leg bar on the Fraser, Saturday April 17th. Representatives from all of our major fly rod and fly line manufacturers will be there with rods, reels, and lines for everyone to test drive. G.Loomis, Sage...
  16. Fly Fishing
    This has been my first season targeting winter steelhead and I've heard the saying that they are the fish of 1,000 casts. I don't think this saying is entirely true and feel it should be adjusted to the fish of 10,000 paces. On my days out my legs are always way more sore from hiking than my...
  17. Spey Casting
    I've never tried the spey rod, though I've spent two seasons chasing steel with the single hader. I was fishing the Vedder yesterday and watched a few spey guys. They were decent casters and were able to hit the far bank at will. What I noticed was that they were not mending the line at all. To...
1-18 of 18 Results