BC Fly Fishing Forums banner

Interesting Double Chironomid Pattern

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  professori 
G
#1 ·
I understand that two-fly rigs aren't allowed in British Columbia. Found this pattern on another site and thought I would share it with you fine folks. I'll definately be tying an assortment of variations of these for wet-lining.

Cheers.

See less See more
#8 ·
I tied up some double chronies in the spring on just Xlong hooks (can't remember what kind but not bent) but I don't think that it will matter as long as the hook is long enough to tie a double pattern on. Tied up black&red and chromies and they worked the same as single patterns. I didn't notice any difference in the amount of fish caught.

#11 ·
i tie a similar pattern to professori but i use a mono loop at the ene of the hook above the barb, i usually use 6lb 2x tippit and tie that down and have a pre tied chironi ready to use and thread it through the mono like a loop so it can swivel, i found its very Succesful! i'll post a pic soon. if i can get the detail of the loop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.