Fly Fishing, Fly Tying & Spey Casting Forum - Book Reviews
  • Book Reviews RSS Feed

by  Number of Views: 3897 
    1. Categories:
    2. Book Reviews
    Article Preview

O.K. I am a book nerd and I love to read and collect books related to fishing and hunting in BC. This forum was started at my request. I have many books and have read them all. I just want to help others make informed decisions about what they are buying for their personal library. If you have questions about a book or need help locating a book an a specific subject, feel free to ask in General Fly Fishing discussion. Speaking of posting, if you have a book you liked, or didn't like, write a Review and let us know. Just remember to keep it civil, no slagging etc. All reviews must be sent to RickB or myself via Private Message or use the site contact page to be reviewed before posting. Contact Rick or myself for more info.

The reviews will be open for comments and discussion about the books reviewed. All book reviews can be seen by clicking this link. BOOK REVIEWS ...
     Number of Views: 3921 
    1. Categories:
    2. Book Reviews
    Article Preview

Author: John Shewey
    Publisher: Frank Amato Publications
    ISBN - 1-57188-232-4 (soft cover)
    ISBN - 1-57188-233-2 (hard cover)

Pages: 160; 12 chapters; a gallery of dressings; extensive bibliography and index for cross referencing.
     Number of Views: 3670 
    1. Categories:
    2. Book Reviews
    Article Preview

Hatch Guide For Lakes: Naturals and Their Imitations for Stillwater Trout Fishing
    Author: Jim Schollmeyer
    Photos: Color
    Pages: 160
    Size: Pocket sized
    ISBN: 1-57188-324-X
    Publisher: Frank Amato Publications, Inc.

The Review: When I first bought my 5wt. fly rod with the expectation of 'trying out' the sport, the guy selling me my rod setup said "Hey, get this too..." and being the easy sell that I am, I bought ...
    Article Preview

So you're interested in advertising directly to people interested in Fly Fishing? First off, good choice of ...
     Number of Views: 2833 
    1. Categories:
    2. Book Reviews
    Article Preview

Fly Tying: Made Clear and Simple
    Author: Skip Morris
    Publisher: Frank Amato Publishing
    ISBN - Soft - 1878175130
    Hard - 1878175149
    Page count - 80

The Review - As a new fly tyer, I've been looking for reading materials to help guide me along this journey. When you enter the world of modern fly fishing materials, it is hard not to come accross ...
     Number of Views: 3886 
    1. Categories:
    2. Book Reviews
    Article Preview

The Ultimate Fly Box: Over 50 Years of BC's Best Flies
    Compiled by BC Outdoors
    OP Publishing
    190 pages
    ISBN:1-896373-66-6

I first saw an ad for this book in a BC Outdoors Magazine a few years back. I finally bought it a few months ago. It was money very well spent! The book covers a wide variety of fly patterns. The sections are Nymphs, Emergers, Dry Flies and Salmonids. There is also a chapter on Knots. ...
     Number of Views: 3249 
    1. Categories:
    2. Book Reviews

The Fly-Tying Bible: 100 Deadly Trout and Salmon Flies in Step-by-step Photographs
    by Peter Gathercole
    full ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast